Sunday, January 17, 2010

T-Minus

I'm about 45 minutes form starting the magnesium citrate (in other words, the stuff that is going to make me shit for the next 24 hours so that my stomach will be clean). No solid foods for at least the next month. I start my liquid diet today - then restart it the day after surgery, hopefully. I'm nervous. Akaiylyn is still asleep - we had a really late night last night. I think I walked in the door about three am from being at Marium's house. I put her on the couch, grabbed my comforter and fell asleep in front of the TV next to my baby. It was a good way to spend a Saturday night.

I had my "last meal" with Marium last night. We went to IHOP and had an omelet and pancakes. They were so good. What was better is that I had someone to laugh with and share that moment. It made me feel good inside to be in the company of a friend. The longer Marium and I know each other, the more I like her. She's such a kind spirit and she's done so much for me and my family. I'm just happy that she's a part of my life. I'm actually spending the night over her house tonight. She's going to get up tomorrow morning and take me to the hospital. She and her family are keeping Akaiylyn while I'm at Northeast Baptist - something that I'm so grateful for. I don't like my baby being with just anybody, and I know that Akaiylyn will be comfortable being with Austin, Christian, Isaiah and Justice.

Before Marium and I went out for my "last meal," we went to a little party for the kids and the ending of their football season. It was me, Marium, the boys and their friend Romeo. It was so great watching them have a good time. It reminded me of youth, and how precious it is. People should see the blissful moment in watching a group of kids dance with no inhibitions; no worry that the people around them are going to laugh or they'll look awkward when they move. I loved it. Austin was getting it on the dance floor! I was so proud of him! Christian was right along with him and Isaiah has a level of energy that I've never seen! He was running around all night long! It was wonderful watching them - it did my spirit good to see that. It made me bask in the fact that after all of this is over I will be healthier to expand my family. Maybe in a couple of years I'll be able to watch Akaiylyn and the future children that I may have do the same things... and feel as proud as i know Marium felt.

The Saints kicked the Cardinal's ass. That was beautiful to watch. (And this is totally against my character, but...) I hope Dallas beats the Vikings today so that The Saints and the Cowboys can face each other and the cowpatties can eat a little bit of New Orleans Whoopazz. I HATE the Cowboys,and I want to see the Saints go to the Superbowl. But i want the Saints to have to go through the Cowpatties in order to do it - that would be sweet justice. IT would make me feel good. ;)

Akaiylyn has just gotten up - she's tucked in between my arms on the couch eating Cheerios. But there will be more to come today - I just know it! Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment